Roadworthy and safety certificates
In Queensland a roadworthy certificate is called a safety certificate.
A safety certificate is needed when a registered light vehicle is offered for sale in Queensland, or when re-registering an unregistered vehicle. It confirms that a vehicle has passed a minimum safety standard inspection.
Vehicles we issue a safety certificate for:
• cars
• trailers (including caravans) with an aggregate trailer mass (ATM) over 750kg-3,500kg
• any other vehicles up to 4,500kg gross vehicle mass (GVM).
This inspection covers the basics for the safe operation of the vehicle, such as:
• tyres
• brakes
• steering
• suspension
• body rust or damage
• windscreen
• lights.
Getting a safety certificate
You must display a safety certificate on a registered light vehicle from the moment you offer it for sale, including when you:
• list the vehicle for sale online
• display that it is for sale in public

Rio Vista Blvd.